Post by navyresgirl on Oct 14, 2009 21:10:05 GMT -5
9.5 Lots of reasons but in no particular order.
* I think there was more to the Marine's story than meets the eye. I don't believe he was a deserter - men and women who go UA (turns to desertion after 30 days) ditch things that will ID them as military. Staff Sgt Cryer still wearing (or even having in his possession) his dog tags was very telling for me.
* Cote. Her performance tonight was brilliant and very understated. As with Michael in Truth or Consequences I believe it to be Emmy nomination worthy. At times tonight Ziva's emotional pain was very hard for me to watch and I had to force myself to not look away. I felt like I was intruding on something very personal.
* Plenty of humor. This exchange between Tony and Tim, for instance. Tim: Oooo, code blue. Tony: Someone's been blackballed. Tim: They gave you the red flag. Z: What is blue, black and red? Tony: Zebra in a blender. Tim: That's black and white and read all over. Tony: Newspaper. Tim: Penguin with a sunburn. Tony: Nun falling down stairs. (OH NO, hope it wasn't Sister Rosita) but I digress... This was hysterical. Two little boys trying to out goof each other. ;D
* Vance and Gibbs. I'm over the moon about the progress in their relationship.
* Eli - this is one ticked off man and this episode has me chomping at the bit for the visit I know (well, suspect) is coming. Tony then Gibbs and now Vance has really given him a reason for vengeance so while the 3 of them are watching Ziva's back they should be watching their own too.
* And a favorite moment - Gibbs saying "Get to work.....Probie."
This episode, like the 3 that came before have really set up this season to be very thrilling. I don't know what's coming and I LOVE it!
I gave it an 8. I liked it. I thought everyone was good. BUT it seemed disjointed to me. I know they skipped back and forth - but they've done that before and I've not got the "disjointed" feeling.
I think they tried to pack too much into one episode. And while I know they wanted to end the ziva - will she be allowed to become an agent - storyline...I think they needed to either add another ep for that or have a less complicated "case" while dealing with it. jmo
The whole episode just didn't grab my interest at all. However there were some parts that I liked, Ducky with Ziva in autopsy and locking Tony out, McGee and Ziva high Fiving it for team Ziva, Tony and his Alien movie description but over all for me rather bland.
"I wish you every happiness And may you always have the best Of the good things in life."
Adam Brand - Good Friends Album A Brand/G Conners (Rondor) (c) 2000